“I paint with light on skin.”
Uli Stern is a light painting photographer. He is painting with lights on skin while taking long exposures creating unreal looking images.
In the “Occupation Dance” series a naked dancer is frozen in a jump while the whole movement is captured through the light which she is holding in her hands.
His “skinlight” pictures are often disturbing yet beautiful. The technique gives the viewer the feeling of looking through skin revealing what lies hidden beneath.
Uli Stern is a photographer based in Germany. He explores different forms of interactive media art, a field where he also gives lectures, curates exhibitions and organizes festivals.
- Xplore Berlin (2015)
- Ecstatic Dance Festival Ibiza (2015)
- Sub Rosa Dictum Boundcon (2015/16)
- Fusion Festival (2015/16/18/19)
- In Touch Barcelona (2016)
- Kinky Salon Berlin (2016)
- Liebeskunstfestival (2017/18/19)